Now firmly established as a successful form of nicotine replacement therapy for those looking to give up smoking, vaping has some terms and phrases that can seem confusing. Whether you are new to vaping or a seasoned vaper, this short article aims to help you with these vaping terms. Hopefully, this will give you a better understanding of vaping and enable you to enhance and increase your enjoyment while on your vaping journey.
Let’s Talk Vape Liquid
There are many different vaping terms related to e-juice, or vape liquid, from the different mix ratios to the difference between traditional freebase nicotine and salt nicotine e-liquid. Let’s look at some of these terms now –
- PG – Propylene Glycol – one of the main ingredients of e-liquid, a great carrier of flavour.
- VG – Vegetable Glycerin – also one of the components of vape juice; liquids with a higher VG content produce large clouds of vapour.
- Freebase – The traditional type of nicotine used in e-liquids; it is refined using harsh chemicals.
- Salt nic – a newer form of nicotine used in e-liquid refined using a more natural process.
- Shortfill – e-liquid with no nicotine already pre-mixed.
- Shots or Nic shot – added to shortfill e-liquids to the user’s desired strength.
- 50/50 – a vape juice with even amounts of PG and VG.
- 80/20 – e-liquids with a higher level of PG for greater flavour.
- 70/30 – vape liquid with more VG for more significant vapour clouds.
Terms Relating to Your Vape Device
Suppose you are relatively new to vaping and still using a disposable vape pen. In that case, the next step to a more advanced vape device can seem overwhelming with the different machines available. These terms might simplify matters for you –
- AIO – All-In-One describes vape devices with all the components included.
- ADV – All Day Vape terms for an e-liquid are so good you’ll use it all day.
- Coil – contained within the tank or pod when heated vapour is produced.
- Clearomizer – a smaller vape tank containing the liquid, often used in vape pens.
- Drip Tip – this is the mouthpiece that you inhale through.
- Mods – more powerful high-level vape devices.
- Pods – the newest design of vape device, uses a pod instead of a tank.
- Sub 0hm is a coil with lower resistance used for larger vapour clouds.
- Tank – contain the coil and is filled with e-liquid.
- Vent Holes – used in some devices to change the airflow.
- VV – Variable Voltage – advanced devices can change voltage.
- VW – Variable Wattage – again, the ability to change the wattage on a vape device.
More Obscure Vaping Terms
We have covered a great deal of information when talking about vape devices and the e-liquid used in them, there are still some terms that you may not know. This final list of vaping phrases will cover some of them –
- Cloud Chaser – a vaper who dreams of massive vapour clouds.
- Dry Hit – when you inhale, and the liquid hasn’t burnt properly.
- DTL – Direct-To-Lung is a style of vaping where the vapour is drawn into the lungs.
- MTL – Mouth-To-Lung is the style of vaping used by many.
- Throat Hit – used to describe the sensation on the throat when vaping.
That is the majority of vaping terms explained, hopefully, you are now more informed about the vaping world and where you can take your vaping enjoyment.